Learn how to produce great music at home!
This comprehensive home-studio guide will show you how to create the highest-quality recordings by teaching you fundamental production skills and engineering techniques. With a complete explanation of the entire production process, you'll find out everything successful producers and engineers need to know to make your music projects stand out from the rest.
Learn how to:
- Record and edit high-quality audio and MIDI tracks in Pro Tools
- Mix and master your recordings like the pros
- Run a recording session and produce great songs
- Set up your home studio and improve the efficiency of your system
- Position microphones to capture superior sounds
- Prevent recording disasters before they occur
- Get the best performances from an artist
- Create real-sounding MIDI tracks
- Master the intricacies of Pro Tools with keystroke shortcuts and technical instruction
- Transform your song demos into professional sounding master tracks
The included CD-ROM features:
- Pro Tools session templates
- PDF templates of useful forms: schedules, budgets, take and track sheets
- QuickTime movies
The new second edition has been updated for Pro Tools 6. It also covers all the new Digidesign home studio hardware, including Digi 002, Mbox, and Digi 001-and shows you how to use it effectively. New HANDS-ON PROJECTS in every chapter demonstrate and reinforce all the power of the new technology; follow four songs in four different genres (rock, hip-hop, electronica, and jazz) through the entire recording process.