These time-tested exercises will help you to play by ear. This book introduces the core skills of ear training. Step by step, you will learn to use solfege to help you internalize the music you hear and then easily transpose melodies to different keys.
Learn to hear a melody and then write it down. Develop your memory for melodies and rhythms. Transcribe live performances and recordings. Listening is the most important skill in music, and this book will help you to listen better.
- Learn melodies by ear
- Sight-sing music notation
- Internalize rhythms and melodies
- Improve your pitch and timing
- Transpose without using notation
- Use solfege
- Transcribe and notate recordings and performances