Both Volumes I and II of Jazz-Funk Guitar on one DVD. In Volume I, John's multi-faceted style is covered in depth as he discusses intervallic ideas, string-skipping, chordal concepts, playing ideas across the fingerboard, and developing a personal sound. In Volume II, John covers the compositional aspect of his style as he analyzes the songs performed on this DVD and reveals the correct chord voicings and melody lines. Using his own tunes, John goes over concepts such as chromaticism, form, contour, voice-leading, pedal tones, and contrary motion.
- Tuning Segment
- John Scofield: On Improvisation
- Bonus Lesson: Double Stop Funk Grooves
- Jazz-Funk Guitar: Book and CD Preview
- Additional Product Previews
- Printable PDF Reference Materials
- Internet Connectivity
accompaniment, minus the soloist.