Essential Grooves packs everything you need to know about contemporary styles into a must-have reference of audio, scores, and text.
- The book presents 41 different grooves covering all the important styles that have influenced contemporary music, each performed by live players.
- The book/DVD set contains scores, text, and stereo mixes of the musical examples, as well as multi-track audio files of each example that all instrumentalists can use in a variety of ways.
- Users of this book will acquire the vocabulary and gain a deep understanding of each style through the historical background provided.
- The book's unique, license-free audio examples can be used to create custom play-alongs and original music.
- Through Essential Grooves, the user will understand how all the instruments in the rhythm section are notated.
- Used together, the book and the audio will help you to not only learn these styles, but also create original music based on these grooves.
Includes sections on:
Soul & Motown
- Classic Southern Soul, Classic Motown, Soul Ballad, Soul/Funk Transition
- Early Funk and '70s in the James Brown style, '70s Urban Funk, Straight Funk, New Orleans Funk
- Four different Hip Hop grooves demonstrated and notated
- Five different Rock grooves demonstrated and notated
- Classic Swing, Medium Swing, two different Jazz waltz styles
- Danzon, Mambo, Cha-cha-cha, Songo, 6/8 Afro-Cuban
- Samba variations, Bossa Nova variations, Partido Alto, Baiao, Afoxe
- Reggae and Calypso grooves.
New Orleans Funk
New Orleans Funk (Track 10)
Sample Multi-Track Files
New Orleans Funk - Organ
New Orleans Funk - Guitar
New Orleans Funk - Bass
New Orleans Funk - Drums